Thanks to our friends at DairyPure for sponsoring this post. We received DairyPure to create this recipe post for you. The opinions and ideas are our own.
Treat your body to a warm, nurturing mug of Golden Milk and get a boost to your immune system. If you haven’t heard already dried turmeric helps reduce inflammation. And this recipe also calls for dried ginger which recent research has shown to eliminate cancer stem cells!!! Cinnamon is known for balancing blood sugar and black pepper is also revered for its health benefits. Our bodies are designed to heal themselves and a mug of Golden Milk is the perfect way to give your body the good things it needs.
I recently started drinking Golden Milk as part of a healing protocol (I have interstitial cystitis or unexplained bladder pain) and I love how this drink makes me feel. The experience of taking time to make it, time to let it cool a bit and time to sit and enjoy it (while I journal or relax) has become a sacred part of my routine. The flavor is subtle and some say it’s spicy. I find it fairly mild with a flavor that reminds me of the soups and sauces I’ve tasted at Thai and Indian restaurants. Every time I drink Golden Milk I think of it as “Soothing Mother’s Milk” and it feels like I’m really taking care of myself. This is so important for a busy Mommy!
Since I drink Golden Milk 3-4 times per week I got tired of measuring the spices each time. So I blended up enough spices for about 10 servings and now I have it ready to go! I hope you will try Golden Milk and look forward to your comments and variations.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 serving)
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I use whole but the recipe works just as well with skim, 1% or 2%)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric dried
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger dried
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground if you have it!
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- add stevia to taste, or any sweetener you prefer!
- Measure the spices into a small saucepan.
- Pour in the milk while gently whisking.
- Add the coconut oil.
- Continue whisking and slowly bring to a boil.
- Once it boils turn off the heat.
- Pour into a mug and serve. It will be super hot so be sure to let it cool a bit.
- Take a moment for yourself. Breathe. Heal. Enjoy!
DairyPure milk contains no artificial growth hormones, is cold shipped from your trusted dairy and is quality tested to ensure purity. For more recipes and information about DairyPure’s Five-Point Purity Promise go to DairyPure.com