Pancakes are pretty much a staple in our house. My kids could eat them every single day. Heck, I could eat some buttery pancakes with maple syrup every day. We have a new twist on pancakes for your next brunch or weekend morning. This is an amazing Cheesecake Pancakes recipe with Pecans. These flavorful pancakes are filled with cheesecake and take the cake on yummy-ness!
Amazing Cheesecake Pancakes recipe with Pecans
Cheesecake Pancake Recipe – Batter
2 cups all-purpose flour
1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
1⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped
2 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 cups milk
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1⁄4 cup canola oil
Cheesecake Pancake Recipe – Filling
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1⁄3 cup confectioners’ (icing) sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Batter: In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, pecans, baking powder and salt.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and oil. Add to flour mixture and whisk just until blended. Do not overmix.
3. Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Pour about 1⁄4 cup batter per pancake into center of skillet; cook until bubbles
start to form on top of pancake and the bottom is golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip over and cook for about
2 minutes to brown the other side. Remove from heat and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, adjusting the
heat between batches as necessary.
4. Filling: In a small bowl, mash together cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla.
5. Spread about 2 tbsp (30 mL) filling over one pancake. Place another pancake on top. Repeat with remaining filling and pancakes. Serve.
Make sure you do not overmix the batter, or your pancakes will be flat and heavy.
You can use any type of nuts you prefer, such as walnuts, pistachios or macadamia nuts.
Recipe courtesy of The Cheesecake Bible, Second Edition by George Geary 2018 © www.robertrose.ca
Reprinted with publisher permission. Available where books are sold. Photo by George Geary
You Might Also Enjoy:
Easy Cranberry Almond Granola Bark Recipe (Shh!!! Its a Cereal Shortcut)