Your kids will learn patience and timing while racing for the Piston Cup with Lightning McQueen and Jackson Storm! SERIOUSLY! To win, players must listen to the announcer and pump the gas pedal ONLY when the light is green. If you don’t stop revving BEFORE the light turns red your car must return back to the starting line! The first player to reach the end wins.
It’s the perfect game to teach little speedsters that sometimes slowing down & listening wins the race!
Let Lightning McQueen and Jackson Storm help your child practice following instructions! Cars 3 is now playing and we were invited to test and review the new Cars 3 Piston Cup Showdown!! Here’s everything you need to know to decide if this is a must-have game for your family:
- SKILL-BUILDING: More than your average “go fast” track! This game teaches and challenges while they play! That’s a big plus for me! The game also nurtures their imagination as they get to become one of their two favorite Cars 3 characters, Lightning McQueen or Jackson Storm.
- EASY SET UP: Once you have the pieces unwrapped it’s mostly intuitive for the kids to snap everything in place. Two tips…the cars actually slide and lock into the track and you need to make sure that Lightning McQueen is on the left track and Jackson Storm is on the right track in order for the announcer to use their correct names.
- EASY STORAGE: The box is compact and it’s easy to fit all the pieces back inside! That makes me happy because we never enough storage bins! If your child doesn’t rip the box apart out of excitement (like ours did – see photo!) it’s nice to have a reusable box so the kids can easily put the game away and store for later.
- BATTERIES: You will need three triple A batteries to run this game so be sure to have them handy. FYI….this game didn’t seem to work with our re-chargeable batteries. That happens sometimes, I’ve found, so I always keep regular batteries handy.
- ALL AGES: This game is labeled for age 5+ but I think it works for kids ages 3-8. There were different skill levels between our 4-year old twins so Mom and Dad raced, too, so that everyone could win!
So are you ready to start your engines??!!! I’m excited about the family fun we’re having with Cars 3 Piston Cup Showdown and hope our review is helpful for you!
We love the high-quality of Spin Master Games and their Cars 3 toys are now available at Walmart and Toys”R”Us.
Thanks to our friends at Spin Master for sponsoring this toy review. We received a complimentary sample for the purpose of writing an honest review. All opinions are our own.
Hi, I’m Lisa! Wife, Mom of twins, friend and writer at “Deal”icious Mom. My motto is “Live The Sweet Life AND Spend Less”. There’s a lot to save for and I’m passionate about spending wisely for our family!