Spring is here, which means that it is time to get outside and enjoy the change in weather. Nothing says springtime like fresh, new recipes for cooking and baking. Fisher Nuts is continuing to partner with Food Network Chef Alex Guarnaschelli, a recent winner on Food Network’s Iron Chef and a regular judge on Chopped, to offer you a fresh twist on spring recipes. Using seasonal ingredients like fresh nuts and produce can help bring your recipes to life and Chef Alex has recommendations for taking your spring cuisine to a new level.
Check out some of Alex’s recipes and tips for cooking with nuts. Some of my favorites from Alex’s spring recipes include Strawberry Crostata with Walnuts, Green Bean and Almond Salad, and Baked Clams with Walnuts.
For Father’s Day, I plan to make my hubby the Baked Clams with Walnuts. I know he will love them since he LOVES anything that comes out of the ocean.
Here is the recipe for Baked Clams with Walnuts:
Grab the ingredients list from here
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the butter in the bowl of a food processor and add the scallions, garlic, 3 teaspoons lemon juice and lemon zest. Pulse to blend. Transfer the mixture to a bowl; add the walnuts and season with salt and pepper. Add the breadcrumbs and stir to blend; set aside.
- Heat ½ cup water in a large skillet until boiling. Place clams into the pan and cover with a lid. Let clams steam for 3 minutes or until some of the clams begin to open. Remove clams from pan and let sit until they are cool enough to handle. Pry the clam shells open using a butter knife, remove and discard the upper shell. Use a small knife to detach the clam body from the shell. Loosely mold some of the breadcrumb mixture into each of the shells so the clam body is somewhat covered. Arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler and broil them for a minute, watching them constantly so they don’t burn. Remove them from the oven. Drizzle with the remaining 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Top each clam with parsley. Serve immediately.
On to the Giveaway:
Enter to win a prize pack (approximately a $56 value) that includes:
· Trudeau Melamine Mixing Bowls (Set of 3)
· Trudeau 5-Piece Measuring Spoon Set
· Casabella Jumbo Muffin Cups
· Fisher Chef’s Naturals Sliced Almonds
· Fisher Chef’s Naturals Walnut Halves & Pieces
· Fisher Pecan Halves
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I am working with Fisher to share Chef Alex Guarnaschelli’s recipes and create my own original recipe using Fisher Nuts and tools they provided. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.