I recently discovered a love for essential oils. Do a quick search on the web and you will find hundreds if not thousands of uses for them for around the house, beauty, and for your health.
I decided to share my top 10 tips below:
1. An essential oil dropped on a light bulb will fill the room with fragrance. I love lavender in my bedroom. So calming and peaceful. I buy mine at LiveTru.com
2. Essential oils can be blended to make your own signature scent! Use 25 drops to 1 oz of perfume alcohol. Let age two weeks before using.
3. For a cheap way to get rid of mosquitoes and other pests, drop a few drops of Citronella oil in the melted wax of candle or place a few drops on an outdoor grill’s hot coals. Easy right!
4. Did you know…Rosemary promotes alertness and stimulates memory. Try to enhale some occasionally during long car trips and while reading or studying and see what happens!
5. Have you ever walked into a home and just loved the smell? I have always wanted that for my home! Simmer a few drops of the essential oils of Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and other spices.
6. For teething pain Use 1 drop Chamomile oil on a washcloth wrapped ice cube.
7. Need to cool off? Use 6-8 drops of Eucalyptus oil in the bath in summer.
8. To bring fever down, sponge the body with cool water to which 1 drop each of Eucalyptus, Peppermint, and Lavender oils.
9. Tea tree oil is an essential for your first aid kit. This oil will help with any cuts, burns or even head lice.
10. If your lips are dry and chapped, or sunburned, a drop of lavender oil massaged into the lip and surrounding area helps ease the stinging discomfort
Any other great tips for uses essentials oils? Please leave them in a comment below!